A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Kinda Miss It!

I'm thinking about starting up this blog again.  Over the past couple of days I have compiled all the blog posts into four digital books and in doing so I realized that I miss writing!  Damn Facebook - ever since all of us bloggers joined Facebook, the blogs have died a slow death.  Don't get me wrong, I love Facebook.  It allows me to stay in contact with so many friends and family that I normally wouldn't have a lot of contact with.


When I started this blog back in 2007, it was a way for me to tell some family stories.  Things I want my kids to know.  And my grandkids.  They missed so much not knowing the old Italian relatives.  We had such wonderful family times when I was growing up and I want my kids to somehow share in that rich experience.  Recently I decided that I would write down some of those stories and just keep them in a folder.  But then I couldn't remember what I had already written down in the blog which is why I had it printed.  Then I thought - why not just blog again!  As you can see I've been having a lot of thoughts lately.

So, two years later, I'll try again.  An update?  Well, we haven't had any weddings or new babies in the past two years.  Ed's Aunt Stella passed away two months shy of her 100th birthday.  That's the only family member we lost since 2011.  Biggest news is the changes in our business and our home.

After over 30 years Ed is no longer with Century 21!  We are now an independent Real Estate and Property Management company.  It's been an interesting and busy transition, but a wonderful one.  Moved our office to Livermore, CA (about 35 minutes from our current location) and, after a couple of months, are finally feeling settled.

Plus, we'll be moving to another home, also in Livermore, around the end of February.  With two sons in Livermore, Ed's daughter in Tracy, his other son in Modesto, and my daughter planning a Livermore move in the next year or so - it seemed like a natural progression for us.  Plus the nights are warmer in the summer and you can actually have dinner outside!  

The next couple of months will be very busy - in an exciting way.  It will be fun to chronicle things as they progress.

Yup, I'm starting this back up - just decided!  Hope someone actually reads it - but, if not, I can always print it and save it for the kids.

1 comment:

Mellodee said...

Yaaaaay! You're back!! Well actually, being my usual snarky self, I suppose I should wait until at least the second new post to get excited! (Can't tell you the number of blogs I've read that said they were back, but then you never heard from them again!)

Seriously though, I'm glad to see you here again!!

Hope you have a Happy New Year!