A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Time Flies

 It's been eight years since I've written an entry into this blog.  I do miss it, but no one seems to read or write blogs any more so I sort of gave up.  However there are so many more family stories that I'd like to pass down to my kids and this might be a good place for them.  Even if no one reads it, the entries will be saved for them and I can download them for future reading.  If they're not interested (little ingrates), at least I'll never know!

So, what's happened in the last eight years?  Well, most importantly we moved to Livermore in March of 2014.  Two of our sons already lived here and my daughter moved 1/2 mile from us three months later.  For the first time since I moved to California in 1987 I felt like I had a home.  We absolutely love being here and it just never gets old.  Close to the kids, close to the grandkids.  So many soccer, baseball, lacrosse, football games we got to attend.  Three grandkids have graduated from Livermore High School in the past three years and one more this year. Our youngest grandkids will all turn 13 this year.

We've done a lot of traveling over the last 8 years (except for 2020) and hopefully there will be more to come.  Definitely getting older.  Reading some of the old posts on here made me feel very nostalgic and made it more obvious how much time has gone by.  I'm not crazy about being in the "twilight" years.  There's so much more I'd like to see and do but the years just go by too fast.  Maybe writing here will help.

No comments: