A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Vika !!!

Today was Vika's 6th birthday. She's growing up fast - much to my dismay. One downside of her birthday is that time outs in her family are based on age. So in one day she went from 5-minute time outs to 6-minute time outs! And, from what I hear, she tested that a couple of times this morning. I actually called her this morning and she was rattling off all the gifts her parents bought her. At one point I said, "I heard you had your first 6-minute time out today." To which she replied, "No, I want to talk about my presents!"














Nonetheless, we had a nice party for her at Joe Monkey's house (that's what Jenni's kids call my son, Joe). He has a pool so and the kids, and some adults, had a great time, once they got used to the cold water. Poor little Eamon was fine in the pool, but when he got out he was shivering like a Chiuaua, wrapped in blankets, teeth chattering, knees knocking. You'd think a boy from upper areas of Russia would be used to the cold! But apparently that's a false assumption.



Miss Vika blew out the candles on her cake, opened her presents, and promptly put on the flapper dress that her big sister, Ali, bought for her.


















As the activities began to ebb, Vika found one of the many books she received and convinced Ed's dad (AKA Grampie) to read it to her.



And a good time was had by all.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I love that picture of Vika and Clyde. Will you post these on Kodak Gallery, please?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIKA!

tunia said...

Happy Birthday Vika! :)