A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A weekend in Chicago

Tomorrow we leave for Chicago and my dad's memorial service (actually a celebration of his life) on Sunday. Both of my kids and their families are coming, as well as my sister who lives in Tucson. So it will be nice for all of us to be together - wish it were for a better reason.

I hear the weather will be cold, maybe even some snow. That will be nice. At least we can all come back to our temperate climate. And dad enjoyed the snow so that would be a nice tribute to him.

It will definitely be a sad time, but also a lot of joy celebrating his 85 years and all the people who loved him.

3 comments:

Catheroo said...

I'll be sending happy thoughts your way. Have a safe trip.

PS: love the new header!

Unknown said...

Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. Yes, it will be cold in Chicago, as it's already cold here.

Have a safe trip.

Scoobers said...

Enjoy your time with family and bask in all the stories and memories that will be shared. I'll be thinking about you guys.

Have a safe trip.