A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hippity, Hoppity

Easter is the time for Peeps, Tulips, egg hunts, and having my whole family over for dinner. Our brood has grown a lot over the last few years and Sunday our house will be filled with 22 people! The fun part is that we have four kids under the age of 5, and 4 under the age of 12 - so we have two Easter Egg Hunts.

My great-grandmother used to bake this special Italian twisted bread for Easter. It was a little sweet and really good - except she would put eggs in it. Whole eggs. Still in the shell. Wrapped up in the twists. A little difficult to eat!


Here's a picture of my kids when they were about 5 with Mr. Easter Bunny. Not sure what one asks for when one sits on the Easter Bunny's lap - but I'm sure they figured it out.







But Jenni wasn't so fond of pseudo-bunnies - like the lady dressed in white with fake ears. My mom was trying to put on a brave face, but we were all a little freaked out!



Here's to a great Easter with lots of hollow chocolate bunnies and no scary ladies with fake ears!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

That lady is a little scary!!
And shells and all? Not even sure I'd attempt to eat it!
Easter is fun, I love watching the kids hunt the eggs!
Cute pictures! Jenni was such a cute kid!!