A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Monday, April 2, 2007

And so goes the days of our lives

A large part of this past weekend I spent going through photo albums -mine, my mom's, my daughter's, my husband's - and scanning photos that I want to preserve. I went through the whole gamut of emotions - smiles, laughter, tears, wondering who the heck THAT was!!. Very nostalgic and a reminder (pretty much like a hammer to the head!) of just how fast time goes by. This is me at two. Yikes!! That's over a half a century ago!!


My family has always been such a large part of my life and the photos brought back so many memories. I wish I could go back and have at least one more day with all the relatives who are no longer here - of course, with my mom, I wish I could have another lifetime!! We had such great family meals (as Italians, our primary activity was eating!!). So much laughter and so much love.


I can only hope that my kids will grow up feeling the same sense of family and look back on pictures of their youth - and smile!!!




4 comments:

Wendy said...

One of my favorite things to do is go to my grandmother's house and go through all the old albums and boxes of pictures. I'm sure your kids will love it too if they don't already. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Arlene said...

Those photos are so great! Cherish them! My aunt has so many old photos of the family, and I love so much looking at them!

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful "old" photos.+

Jenni said...

You know I love those old photos! I even like the pictures of the people I don't know. But the ones from my childhood are my favorite. :)