A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Colors!! We want colors!!

We made it to Maine safely - all planes on time and our luggage arrived with us! The colors are just starting to change so I haven't been able to get any good shots yet, but I did get some really nice photos of clouds while flying yesterday. I took a gazillion because it was so beautiful, now I have to delete a lot of them. But a few are keepers, like the one below. The sun was coming up and it felt so far away from any worries. So peaceful.


Today we went to Bar Harbor and took a trolley tour. Tomorrow we're going to go back and drive around the rest of Mount Desert Island. Weather so far has been great, only problem is that we need cold weather for the leaves to turn so hopefully that will happen soon!

Now we're just hanging out, drinking green tea, probably going to bed early. Everything out here closes by 8:30pm so, what the heck.

7 comments:

Desert Diva said...

I love Bar Harbor - I stayed for several weeks one summer at the YWCA (in a wonderful old room with hardwood floors) across from the Episcopal Church.

I hope it gets colder so you can see some beautiful "fall colors."

Halfmexican Mama said...

Lucky You! That is one of the places ive always wanted to visit..Id like to stay at a little bed and breakfast on the coast, watch the sunrise...I only live a couple of states over, Hmmmm maybe an upcoming anniversary trip?? Have Fun!

Wendy said...

Hope you get to see the colors! We always used to drive up through Michigan in the fall to see the colors. Very pretty. Have fun!

tunia said...

wow!!! must be such a nice change..!
i'll pray the leaves fall!!
have fun! take care..

Unknown said...

I love the fall colors. It's too bad that it's a bit early for that. We haven't had many changes yet, but it's been horribly hot. Have a wonderful trip!

Jenni said...

I hope you get to see some nice Fall colors too. Glad you guys are having a good time.

Anonymous said...

Think cold! I can't wait to see your pictures of the colors! Have a GREAT trip you two!