A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Friday, September 21, 2007

Lighthouses, Lobster Rolls, and LL Bean

Tomorrow my husband and I are heading to the coast of Maine for a week. October 5th will be our fifth anniversary and we went to New England for our honeymoon. We spent one night in Ogonquit Maine and the next day finding lighthouses. It was so beautiful that we decided we wanted to spend a week there "some day" and now that some day is here.

Hoping to see some nice fall colors. Our last trip was filled with autumn leaves, lighthouses, covered bridges, and Harvest Festivals. Oh, yes, and lobster rolls. For those of you who have never heard of them or had one, it's this incredible fresh lobster salad in a hot-dog-like bun. My husband was doubtful that he would enjoy something so odd. But after the first one he was hooked.


This trip I have a digital camera so I'm going to try to get some good photos of the leaves. Maybe something to replace my basil header for the Fall! I'll keep Desert Diva and my daughter, Jenni, in mind as inspiration for travel photos.

4 comments:

Desert Diva said...

What a beautiful time of the year to see Maine. Happy 5th anniversary and take lots of pictures to share!

Halfmexican Mama said...

Happy Anniversary, Im in Mich and the colors are JUST barely changing yet as well...about 2 more weeks! I cant wait either, we usually take a trip to the Upper Peninsula and/or Mackinac Island in October....WITHOUT THE KIDS!

Wendy said...

Those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Jenni said...

I hope you guys get some great photos too!