A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not much of anything

I usually have a fairly positive outlook on life, but every now and then that outlook could use a little kick in the butt.

This week I came across two sayings that I like and thought I'd pass them on. For me they were both a "snap out of it" reminder! One is from some speaker (can't remember his name) and the other from a country song. I'm guessing that you'll be able to tell which one is from where!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

When there's stones in the road only one thing to do, you gotta learn to walk with rocks in your shoes.

Not exactly Norman Vincent Peale, but fun thoughts, anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first once again and I am liking both of those. Very good! ;)

tunia said...

Both make complete sense to me. Only, I should remember then for when the time to implement comes! :)

Oh! and the second one is from the song "Rocks in your shoes" by Emily west.

Desert Diva said...

I'm definitely walking with rocks in my shoes at the moment, but at least they're not boulders. ;-) Thanks for all of your positive e-mails!

Chatterness said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh...........I love the dancing in the rain quote!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! As for the rocks in the shoes.....seems like I always have a pebble or two in there just for sheer aggravation purposes!! LOL

Unknown said...

I could really use both of those right now. Thank you!