A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Water

After writing about my dull, if frustrating, day yesterday, I decided to go out in the backyard and water a few plants before I jump in the shower and get "ready"for the day. Our heat wave is over and the temp was around 55 degrees and cloudy. I dragged the hose from the garden area after picking a ripe tomato, turned the water on, turned the nozzle to Shower, and walked over to the few plants that need hand watering. It's always a bit calming to stand there with the hose on shower spray and water the plants. Watch the light reflected in the water. Listen to the birds. Blah, blah, blah.

I turned the nozzle off and got ready to water the hanging plant on the porch. Suddenly I felt a huge gush of water in my face, in my eyes, on my head. WTF!! Turns out the back of the nozzle blew off and the water was shooting full force out of the hole. Straight into my face! Even after I figured out what had happened, I stood there with the water splashing on my face and hair because I was too stunned to move. My t-shirt was all wet and my contacts were not happy. What a dork! Finally I threw the hose down and turned off the water. Found the blown off parts and tried to fix it. Turned the water back on - another dose in the face. Now, you'd think I would have been smart enough to turn the nozzle a different way. Nope.

Turned the water off again and went into the house. Dripping, shivering and blinking. Geez, I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow holds!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Please tell me Ed was near by and had a camera handy.

Desert Diva said...

Some days are like that - unfortunately! At least you didn't have your shower BEFORE you watered the plants. Then it would have really been upsetting!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the stuff that happens to you. :) Or maybe I should say I love the way you share it. Sorry that you got soaked. ;)

Chatterness said...

OMG!! That could have won ya ten thousand big ones on America's Funniest Videos! Did you turn around quickly to see if anyone saw what happened??? LOL

Nikki said...

LOL...we had a hose that every time you turned on the nozel it would spray you pretty much everywhere and yet we never got a new one and got wet every time we used it...the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over expecting a different outcome! So funny Sandi, thanks for the laugh...:)N

MYM said...

lol...omg...classic.