A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Monday, June 8, 2009

I am not amused

I'm so bummed. I wrote last week about my miserable cough. Well, finally went to the doctor and she said I have pneumonia! WTF!! Not something I've ever had before and, frankly, I'm not amused. So now I start on antibiotics and have to spend another week at home sitting on my butt reading, watching old movies, napping. I mean, that's fine for a day, but now for two weeks in a row! Sucks.

Plus we have to cancel a family BBQ we had planned for Sunday because there's no guarantee I'll be better by then. That really pisses me off.

So, I have a little task for all of you. This hanging around the house is really boring, so keep up the fun and interesting blogs so at least I'll have THOSE to read this week!

Now I'm going to go feel sorry for myself.

6 comments:

namaste said...

oh sandi, please follow doctors orders. i know it sucks to be home all the time. feel better soon!

((((hugs!))))

Judypatooote said...

Unkers won't help that.....about 3 years ago, I ended up in the hospital for a week with pneumonia and paracarditus...(spelling?) which is a fluid infection around the heart...I never had a clue...was treated for 3 months or reflux...took myself to hospital, and it sure did shocked me.....I was down for about 6weeks...so tired...didn't want to do anything...and that's not me....so it's agood thing they caught it... and with anti bio you should be feeling better real soon...hope your reading a good book... judy

It's Me said...

sanddddddiiiiiiii....
omg..please get well soon. pneumonia is nothing fun. praying for your speedy recovery.

ba and the boys said...

totally bites. i hope you are better now!

Desert Diva said...

Wow, I'm so sorry - feel better soon!

Luz said...

Hate to hear of your P woes. That bites! I'd be a tad upset too. I was home sick a few weeks back and was laying in bed but had the windows opened and enjoyed watching all the birds enjoying the feeder and taking turns in the birdbath.