A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Egg

Ed likes to have one fried egg for his Sunday morning breakfast. I've never had much luck at flipping an egg over to cook all that white, slimy stuff on top. So a friend of mine showed me her trick. When the egg is almost done, she put about a tablespoon of water into the pan, covered it, and let the steam cook the top! Works like a charm.

So I taught Ed that little trick. This morning, however, he put in a little too much water and decided to pour some out. With the egg still in the pan. In a non-stick, "oh my those eggs sure do slide around" pan. You've heard about throwing the baby out with the bath water? Same goes for eggs. As he watched the water flowing out, he saw the egg slowly move towards the edge. He said, "Don't even think about it". The egg didn't listen and in a flash it was resting on top of the garbage disposal. Like a funky type of disposal cover.

Wisely, Ed decided not to try to rescue it. He poked it down the disposal and proceeded to cook another egg. More cautiously this time, I assure you.

When he told me the story, I laughed. He said "It's not funny!" I disagree.

1 comment:

namaste said...

umm...oh yes it IS funny! lol! sorry, ed. if ward did that i would be cracking up!