A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Monday, October 20, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night

Tonight Ed and I were at the office pretty late. So we decided not to cook, but rather pick up our favorite take out at a local diner - Rigatoni Bollognese and Caesar Salad. I had another stop to make so told Ed I'd pick up the food.

Now, let me just say that I'm quite self-protective and don't particularly like walking in parking lots at night. A bit creepy. Not clown creepy, but, well, you know. Anyway, I got the food and started back to my car. And I heard a noise behind me. Didn't want to be too obvious and turn around, so I picked up the pace. So did the sound. The car was close. Do I open the doors before I get there and risk someone getting in the car with me? Do I wait until the last minute to open them? Do I turn around and see who is following me? Yikes!

The sound would change pace and sometimes seemed louder than others. I got closer to the car. The moment of truth. Suddenly, it dawned on me that the sound was from the two styrofoam containers in my bag-o'-food rubbing together!

The end.

4 comments:

Desert Diva said...

Nothing like having the ability to scare yourself. I do it all of the time! It sounds like you did an "Ed" this time! ;-)

Anonymous said...

haha!

Jenni said...

That is too funny! And totally something I would do.

It's Me said...

Getting stalked by two styrofoam cups can be a very scary thing, Sandi!! LOL