A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance

Friday, January 1, 2010

Vacation almost over

Here I sit watching Ed and Babette trying to make a fire (in the fireplace) using a dried up wreath. I thought I'd just stay at the computer and be prepared to douse both of them should the whole thing flare up! Ed got a cut on his arm from the twigs but he has his Neosporin so all is right with the world.

Tomorrow we head home. It's been a great week in Tucson visiting family and friends. Lots of good food, weather is perfect, walks in the desert, and lots of time to relax. Also time to get great gelato at Frost, see three movies, and cruise the neighborhoods we hope to be able to find a house 4 or 5 years from now. Now THIS is what retirement is supposed to be like!

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

Did you see me drive through today in my ancient RV after stopping at In & Out Burger on Cortero Road? ;-)

Happy New Year!